Early Muffler Woes

Up here in the drizzly Northwest, I have come to appreciate the muffler design for the Type III which includes improved rear heat exchangers. My newly acquired '62 has had its muffler replaced by the all too common header.

Does anyone on the list have firsthand knowledge about whether the later rear heat exchangers fit the early 1500 motors?

Availability of early mufflers (heat riser fitting on left side), seems to be zero, but I am willing to sacrifice that item, since I'm already without one on the header, or weld one on to a newer muffler if it comes to that.