D-jet inquiry for Bill / 2L type III update for the list

Bill, I'm in the midst of converting a 1600cc type III VW engine into a
2017cc engine.  I plan to use a modified (if necessary) d-jetronic from a
porsche 914 as the fuel system.  I was wondering if you have made much
progress on your ECU research.  A friend of mine who is an electrical
engineer and I are looking into either reverse-engineering a spare type III
ECU I have, or building our own to handle the needs of the 2017.  Thanks in
advance for any help or suggestions.

Jake Kooser