Re: Forced induction

Toby=> supercharger would be close to impossible unless you want your
    => engine sticking into the cargo area.

I've been thinking about that, and it seems to me that the problem is
not the carb clearance but the extra belt. If people are making
reasonably clean AC systems, it seems like it wouldn't be a big deal to
put in a blower instead of a compressor and shape the intake like the
stock air cleaner (how about putting the fan into the stock housing,
flat like in a Corvair?).

Incidentally, I discovered a cool accessory at the Classic -- a
dry-element air cleaner, made for the Brazilian market (new to *me*,
anyway). Fits in just the same as the oil bath.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 KGhia 1600 (vacationing in sunny CA)