RE: T3 quesion + pres.

>I'm new to engines so you'll probably be getting som pretty
>stupid questions in the future. Please let me know if I get irritating.

First, buy a Bentley and/or Haynes AND the Idiot's Guide shop manuals as
they
will answer many questions.  And in the immortal words of Mr. Garrison (the
teacher in SouthPark): "There's no such thing as a stupid question, just
stupid
people."  :)

>Now, on to the first beginners questions:
>1.ΚΚΚ I've found an 260 hp type 4 engine. Will it fit in my hatchback?

You know, I like this guy already!  The process isn't a drop-in procedure
but it
can, and has, been done in the past.  We just need someone to document the
process for future transplants.  Being 260hp I *know* that it's been beefed
up
and undoubtedly is running with carbs -- will it fit under the engine lid?

>2.ΚΚΚ Is the headers and cylinders the same in type3 engines
>as in type1

Nope and yep.  Well, the heat exchangers are not interchangeable (stupid,
stupid
stupid), I'm not exactly sure about the piping and merging.

>3.ΚΚΚ There seems to be very difficult to find parts to type3
>VW here in Sweden.
>Does anyone on this list know where I could turn (preferably
>in Europe) to find some new parts?

It's hard in the US as well.  I'll let the European reads help you here.

>4.ΚΚΚ Is there any good magazine for T3 lovers (European or
>US)? If there is, how do I subscribe to it?

Nope.

>5.ΚΚΚ Witch is the best standard gearbox to use with my tuned
>up T4 engine.

A custom built, high performance one, for sure!  I don't know how the T4
engine
is dependant upon engine rpm for cooling.  We all know how sensitive the T3
is,
right volks? ;)

   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member