From: type3@vwtype3.org AT AMS-Internet on 06/16/98 06:57 PM

To:   type3@vwtype3.org AT AMS-Internet@CCMAIL
cc:   Sonny8oy@aol.com AT AMS-Internet@CCMAIL (bcc: Douglas
      Brashear/AMS/AMSINC)
Subject:  Re: Dashpad Suppliers

Finally did some phoning around to get some answers.

Only one kind of repro dash seems to exist.  i think for the later years,
Doug?

According to the ads in VW Trends and Hot VWs, the following supply
dashpads for Type 3s:

IN ORDER OF HELPFULNESS:

Pacific Customs Unltd./Moore Racing Team
$80  +  $5 handling  +  shipping (+ CA tax)
maker: "Universal Urethane"

Econo International
$100  +  shipping (+ CA tax)
maker: "made in the USA", by WCM? "no", by Universal Urethane? "yes"

So.Cal. Imports
62-73 T3: $69.95  +  $3 handling  +  shipping
maker: "Urethane" or "WCM" ***

Kustom 1 Warehouse
T3: $64.95  +  $3 handling  +  shipping
could you tell me who makes these please? "no", oh why not? "the guys are
on lunch" [at 3pm...], can you call me back with the info then? "hmmphh"
and of course i never heard back from them.  their loss.

*** I'd imagine this is probably "Universal Urethane" as above, since WCM
no longer supply them (according to their catalog)

i would conclude that U.U. are the only company that makes them.

shipping seems to vary from ~$5 - $15, depending on where you live and how
much they want to profit from it.

sonny