Re: needed advice from those in the know

I'm definitely with RJ on this one.  If you learn how to do the repairs
/ maintenance / restoration of your own vehicle, you really develop a
feel for what the car needs (no, Toby and Al, I'm not getting all
touchy-feely!) to keep operating as it should.  When (notice the "when"
and not "if") you have any problems with the fuel injection system,
don't run out screaming for a mechanic.  No, really.  Figure the odds of
finding a mechanic who even knows what a d-jetronic system is, much less
fixing it.  You've already found the most comprehensive source of
information concerning the type IIIs known to mankind, and that's Jim.
Um.... I mean the type III list.  Many of us have dealt with the fuel
injection, and once it's working, it works very well.  That's my 2
cents.

Jake Kooser
'71 Squareback (the little girl)
'73 Fastback (the new kid)