needed advice from those in the know

Hello,
     I recently acquired a '69 squareback with 27,000 original miles in
practically mint condition.  The original owner passed away at the ripe
old age of 95.  The inspection ran out in '96 thus it must not have been
driven for two years.
     Currently it is in his garage collecting dust.  I need to get to a
garage for inspection and a once over.

     Question #1:  Is there anything I should know about driving a car
that has not moved in 2 years so as not to                    cause
undue damage?(i.e. breaking it in)

     Question #2:  Being new to car repair/restoration, what things
should I be doing/learning to do as opposed to                    giving
all my hard earned cash to my friendly                    neighborhood
mechanic?

I'm trying to learn and I'm reading posts to the group, but any advice
to a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Fox
'69 squareback