RE: Swapping parts between years/models

wow!  A type 4!!!

yeah, the fenders are swappable, rear ones for all years and front ones
per early/late. (there's 2 types-  late mondel and early model.  earlys
are all swappable, and all lates are swappable)

You can swap bodies too-   I'm about to do it between a 63 notch ahd 71
square-  only problem you might have is wiring-  if you have FI, the
harness goes with the body.making it tough to put on a older body and
making the FI work.

But i doubt that is your problem!

As to the auto / manual, I have no clue.  But someone will..

Oh, there's 2 auto squares (late) for sale at a tow yard in Clearwater,
Fl, it anyone is intertested...

-rj