Re: Notch Continues...

I see that I neglected to set up some way to spot other list members at
the Classic. We were all within a hundred feet of each other, but
regretfully didn't get together. Sorry I missed you!

ChrisW=> How do you adjust valves or set timing on a type 3?
      => I know type 1 and 2 real well. I don't know where the marks on
      => the pulley are.

Rest assured that timing and valves on a T3 are the same processes as on
the others. Look down into the pulley shroud and rotate the engine.
You'll see that there are two places on the front edge of the pulley
that have flat spots about an inch long. One of those has a set of
small V-shaped notches in it for locating various degrees of advance.
The notch farthest to the right is TDC.

I'd urge you to pick up any of the standard manuals for your T3
(Bentley, Haynes, Muir) and study up a bit on the small but sometimes
important differences between your T3 and other types.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ