Re: Rear apron

I've had one of the dual units installed since I got the thing, the
P.O. had done a nasty job on bending the rear apron up, so when I had
it down for repainting, I went to work with hammer and dolly block.
The answer is simple, you have to carefully bend the rear apron
out(towards the back), to clear the mufflers.  Under no circumstances,
cut that piece off!  Results depend on your body-working skills, but
mine looks OK, and is certainly an improvrment over the mess the P.O.
made.  The main thing with those dual mufflers is to get a really good
connection to hang the thing from.  I've been thinking about grafting
some mounting points on the body somewhere to support the weight, then
using stock rubber strap exhuast mounts. I haven't found the perfect
spot yet, so am still running around with my spare single QP. Maybe
off the bumper bolts would work. If you mount to the header, you'll
end up with a busted muffler, I've had three sets go that way.  Plus
Bugpack doesn't seem to make the headers to fit properly, had a
terrible time geting the last set to fit on my stock engine.  I'm
going to try Berg's stuff next time around.