RE: lowering

Get a shop manual!  This is a little more involved procedure than adjusting
the
drum brakes or gapping the valves.  If you want to get this involved (e.g.
lowering) then you must have a shop manual.

Haynes is what I used to lower my nose, had a mechanic lower my rear.
Bentley
explains the procedure as well for making adjustments to the suspension and
has
more cooler pictures.

If you only have one day to do it then I recommend you don't do it unless
you
are very mechanically inclined since, as many of us can attest to, you never
know what else is gonna happen.
   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member