I'm not gonna make it.

I was trying to get the Notch ready for Irvine.
I don't think I'm gonna make it.
Car still won't start on it's own.
Need to pour gas in the carbs first.
I can't figure out the turn signals.
They work if I put a hot wire on the flasher.
But using the wire from the fuse they don't work.
 took the whole steering column apart and can't figure
this out.  I turn on the ignition and I have power at the
signal switch even when there is no power to the flasher.
The wire the the switch is tied to the wire to the guage lights.
You know the indicator lights that both blink in the dash.
With key on I have +6 volts at the place where you plug
the light in.  Without the wire from the flasher.
Key on, that spade is hot.  I don't know where it is
coming from.  I unplugged the gen light wire.
Still 6 volts.  I tried to unplug the oil light wire and the
thing broke in a few pieces.  Now where willI get that thing?
The fuel guage thing is good.  I now need the part with all
the little bulbs where everything plugs into.
I am hoping this is the problem.  And when I find another one
and install it I won't have power at the indicator spade.
The funny thing is,  The indicator lights come on with power
applied.  No power wire and the place where you plug in still has 6 volts.
But the lights don't come on unless I touch a test light grounded on one end
to the spade and the lights come on very dim.  My test light comes on too...
I am lost on this one.
Same with why my speedo was packed full of wheel bearing grease.

I will drive the Volvo to VW Classic unless I ride in a friends Squareback.

Chris in Sandy Eggo...  '65 Notch.  NONA #10124