Re: Welcome back, Jim

On  9 Jun 98 at 7:21, type3@vwtype3.org wrote:

> Good to see the Adney brand back in circulation. I hope the Japan trip
> went well.

Thanks, but I feel like I'm just barely back in circulation.  I have
been home just over a week and am still very jetlagged.  I slept
past 6 AM this morning, however, which is a great improvement over
the 2-4 AM when I had been waking up.

I love almost everything about Japan.  I love sushi and have even
gotten used to singing karaoke in bars (yeah, I know, pretty scary!)
I probably drink too much when I'm there, and I don't speak the
language worth a damn, but any country where you can see Lotus Super
Seven's on the road more often than type 3's must be okay.

In the last 10 weeks there I had 4 Lotus Seven sightings, 2 driving
together, while the only T3 I saw was a rather nicely customized old
white notch sitting in a used car lot of a place that seemed to
specialize in air cooled VWs.

I am home for awhile now, I hope, and I need to get my own cars in
order.  I have too many projects that have just been hanging around
much too long.

Jim