RE: Type3 Without A Chassis.

First, is it *really* a Type III engine (T3) or a Type IV engine (T4)?  You
say
you got it out of a 411 which is a Type IV.  It makes a difference!

The T3 case (sans fan shroud and cooling tin) fit in a Type I, though the
heat
exchangers are different.  Hell, with enough money anything will fit (which
is
what is keeping me from putting a gas turbine engine in MY baby >:)  Though
it
does take a little work a T4 engine will fit in a T1 or a T3.

What would I do with the engine and no chassis?  Sell the engine or, like in
the
case of the '65 I currently have, fix it back up as a show piece.  Or find
an
engineless body for it...
   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member