Pigeon Forge Bug-In

El Nino strikes again!!!
I get up at 6:30 Saturday morning, Turn on The Weather Channel, sit down
with my cup of coffee & of course what rain was in the area was located
directly over the Knoxville/Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge region & moving due
east. So I figure if I wait until 10:00 AM to head out to Pigeon Forge,
the bad weather will have moved out. WRONG!! By the time I get down
there, it's raining (what's raining? It is...) harder than any place else
along the route I took. The heavier rains finally stopped & turned into a
very, very fine mist almost like a heavy fog which virtually lasted all
day. Judging was even suspended due to the wet conditions along with the
engine sound-off & the engine tear-down completion. Of course in the
early evening, after most of the people & cars had left, the sun finally
decided to stick its little head out. Too little, too late.
	There were between 50-60 cars, air cooled & water cooled, but
only one Type III, a '71 Square. I didn't get to talk to the owner as
he/she was nowhere to be found. In spite of the foul weather, a good time
was had by all. A few vendors, good music & food, & most of all good
fellowship between Volksters. I was only able to stay for Saturday, but
Sunday was cool & sunny. So I imagine conditions were much more
favorable.

Tom
'68 FB (Thumper)
'70 Bug

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]