Re: urban legends? tire pressures

I've read in the HP Books "automotive electrical handbook" that I have
that the reason a disused battery (or one used to hold down a concrete
floor, for you "other side of the coin" types) is due to dirt and
moisture on the top of the battery creating a path for it to discharge.
Might be true, might not.  I clean my batteries with baking soda and
water to get rid of any excess acid on the top and the layer of dust
that always collects there.  Sure makes 'em look a lot better and only
takes a couple of minutes while the oil drains out on maintenance day.
Besides, if a battery makes it to the garage floor, it's either on it's
way to the recycling joint or it becomes the "instant starter tester".

Jake Kooser