Re: new vw bus

since a few have asked where I got the picture of the new microbus, here's the
mail I saw about it.  I mailed the author and he sent me the picture

 I picked up the 13 May 98 edition of Autocar, a British weekly
publication, and they have an artist's rendition of a modern day version of
the
original Microbus. I have an image from the magazine( the quality could be
better...appologies.) that I could send to anybody who is interested. It looks
really cool. The article says that it will be based on the Golf A4 chassis and
it could have any or all of the drivetrain options available.  It may be hard
to see, but the illustration has a transparent strip running on each side of
the roof panel, suggesting the skylights in the original.
I would expect to see it at Detroit next year.
     Later,