5-speed shift pattern, carb balancing

Okay, it has been confirmed, the five-speed is a standard pattern.

        1  3  5
        \   \  \
      \--\---\--\
       \  \   \
        R  2   4

My carbs:  They suck!  Naw, it's just that I wish I had FI, they're okay.
It
looks like the problem exists with the carbs or fuel delivery.  Power will
stagnate at random times, mostly during accelerations, and I can change the
condition by slight movements of the gas pedal.  The gaskets are new and
float
needles have been replaced and work properly.

Now, I won't be getting my fuel filter until Thursday so if it is a fuel
delivery problem I'll find out then.  John J., stick to your guns and save
for
that after-market FI system, you'll be happier!
   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member