RE: Mufflers and Heat

There's no need to remove the heat exchangers, keep them on.  The new
exhaust is
the rear-most part that the muffler will attach to -- the exhaust is sorta
squiggly and the four pipes come together where the muffler attaches.  The
two
upper pipes mount directly to the 2 and 4 exhaust ports on the engine.  The
two
lower pipes get clamped to the ends of the heat exchangers just like a stock
muffler.  It's a very, very easy job and requires a couple of very common
tools
(like a 13mm socket).

Now, if you bought J-tubes you cannot use your heat exchangers since the
J-tube
*replaces* the heat exchanger.
   Toby Erkson
   '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member