Re: Seat belts on older VW's

Regarding Al's reply on mounting locations...
Phillip had the center tunnel mounts and the upper B pillar for the
shoulder that you described.  However, he also has a threaded hole/nut
on the pan immediately below the door sill (opposite the center mount).

Also there were two holes for rear belts on the center tunnel under the
seat, and the upper shoulder mount on the "C" (?) pillar.  However, the
outer mounts under the seat were missing.  I searched for two weeks
before I would believe they had forgoten to put them in.  I found
another T3 to compare, and drilled a hole there, using 2" reinforcing
washers inside and out.

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Porltand, OR