RE: A different 5 speed...?

>(since I learned the hard way...) and don't mess with the gearing except to keep it within stock parameters.
>   Toby Erkson

Just for our knowledge, (maybe you've covered this previously, if so just hit me with a wet sponge...) what gearing is in your new 5-speed?

stock 1st, stock 2nd, stock 3rd, stock 4th and a new higher 5th? (highway cruiser)
or
close ratio 1-4th and the old fourth gear is now the 5th?  (dragstrip  special)

When Berg first came out with this, I thought about installing it in my T-3 panel custom for cruising the long Texas Highways, but they only offered the second option stated above and I wanted the first.  And at that time they weren't sure if it would fit in a T-3.

What modifications did you have to do to the rear suspension fork?

Big Al

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, "Where the hell is the ceiling?!"

http://www.autographica.com/vw

for all things Volkswagen:
Houston Volkswagen Club
Type 3 Parts Book ONLINE!