Re: Seat belts on older VW's

>Hi all,
>
>Just curious, what year did VW start putting seatbelts in their U.S. export
>cars?
>Is there a way to install belts on cars without them?
>
>Thanks

Which car (and what year) do you have?

ALL Type 3's have at least two seat belt anchor points per front passenger.

one in the middle of the B pillar (above the door striker plate)  and one on the tunnel behind the E brake and a little behind the seat.

Just look for the BIG phillips "+" head plastic bolt head.  This covers the stock mounting point.

 If you want the three point system you will have to  (or pay someone to ) fabricate the third point at the base of the B pillar.  But don't attach it to the floorboard!  All you need is to weld a nut to the inside of the B pillar base and fine a belt system that you like.

I had to make all three points in my Ghia.

Big Al

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

http://www.autographica.com/vw

for all things Volkswagen:
Houston Volkswagen Club
Type 3 Parts Book ONLINE!