[T3] FI Computers

Hi again folks,

I am the proud owner of a brand-new in-box Type III computer for
the 1970 model year.  I found it at a VW show a few years back and
picked it up from the guy for $30.  It has the correct part number on
the box and the unit, and hasn't ever been used.

My question is, does anyone know if this computer would work better
than the one that has been used in my car for the past 28 years?  I
can imagine that the components would change with use, but even
age can change resistors, capacitors, transistors and condensers.

Does anyone know anything about how common finding a new computer
is?  I am keeping it in case mine gets fried!

What I really want to see someone design is a new all-digital computer
that we could tweak all sorts of engine performance settings....

Dave
1970 Squareback