[T3] Red light

I just had this problem two days ago...I'd go back there and tap the
gen and light was off...until two days ago the light never went off. I
change the voltage regulator..that was not it! I changed the brushes,
that was not either. Then I went to a friend who had an extra gen and
viola!! the gen light was off!!.

Does anyone had their gen rebuild? Can they be rebuild???

Luis