Re: Fuel Sender

Park, Keith J (CRD) wrote:

> I gotta 12V sender in my 65 Notch   Hmm...
>
> Keith
Hmmmmmmmmmm....Interesting. I pulled a later model from a 72 - 73 that
did not fit into my 65 tank. Is there a tall and a short 12 volt sender?
I ended up rebuilding the sender by replacing the resistive wire  from
the 12 v and putting it in the 6 volt sender. I also changed to the
newer float to make the thing work and now you guys are telling me I
went through all that for nuttin :) I'll try and see if I can get the
part # from the longer unit this weekend.

Dana Hall
65 Notch Sunroof
77 Beetle
78 Bus