RE: FI pressure blues-long and droning...

On 30 Jul 98, at 8:58, RJ Latherow wrote:

> Whoah......hey everyone, tell me if I'm wrong here...

> So the fuel pump pressure side is the DRIVERS side???  wow...I did
> something very, very wrong...

Yep, the flow goes back the left side, around the engine/injectors,
and the regulator bleeds off whatever excess is necessary to get the
pressure down to the desired level.  The excess fuel returns on the
right side under virtually no pressure.

> I have the pressure from the fuel pump going through the passenger side,
> on to the reluator end  that threads through the firewall , 'round the
> fuel rail, and back down the passenger side.  Did I get it backwards?  I
> assumed the regulator was the first thing that the fuel hit, before the
> injectors....

Your explanation was clear; it was only your understanding that was
incorrect.  I'd be willing to bet your regulator works better now ;-)

Jim