Re: red light

|Next time this happens, take off your rings, bracelets, and
|wristwatches and open the engine compartment.  Without disturbing
|anything else, reach in and carefully push in on the upper generator
|brush.  If the light is still on, then reach underneath and do the
|same to the lower brush.  The one that fixes the problem is sticking
|in the holder and is probably worn out.
|The brushes are considered worn out when there is no longer excess
|brush sticking out the outer end of the brush holder.
|If neither of these does anything, tap the regulator.
|Jim

Did all of the above and same thing. The generator light flickers on
and off. I spent some time today and found out my fuel cut off vale
were a bit loose, enough to turn them by hand. Now my idle is fix but
the red light still on from time to time.  I hooked up my timing light
to check my timing and there was no power on the red cable coming or
going to the generator (there is where I usually hook my timing light
cables). When the light stay on I when to tap the voltage regulator
and nothing...went to tap the generator and light went off so I will
change  it with another I got to see what is cooking.

Luis