Squareback versus Ghia? Bad crazyness

Yesterday I looked at a 71 Karmann Ghia for sale.

First owner.
org. 46tmls
first paint
no rust
no accidents
org. A/C
perfect chrome

The second most perfect one I ever saw (not counting the NOS ones I have
seen stashed away).

The price was not cheap but definitely ok.
You can not restore a car to that condition. Especially the Ghia is
difficult.

So what has that got to do with the type III?

When I was looking at the Ghia I thought to myself: "I wish it were a
Squareback".
I'd buy it. For the same money.

This is stupid of course. Type III's are worth not nearly as much as
Ghias.
But when I restore my 69 Squareback (very good CA car) I will put nearly
as much money into it (I am a perfectionist).

So I am hunting for that perfect Squareback that may need new rubbers or
mechanical work, but no real restauration.

I am dreaming of that 68-69 Square with auto tranny.

Does anybody have a lead? Got one stashed away?
Your dealer still has an unsold one in the showroom?

Ghias just don't do it for me. Too avantgarde.
I'm square, so give me one.

Martin