more brake help....

Hi,

        A question from a brake bleeding newbie.....
        Ive attempted bleeding my brakes now for 2 days, with absolutely no
change in pedal pressure or even how the fluid comes out. My poor
        wife has been helping me, and Im afraid to ask her for more help.
        Is it true that when you pump the pedal, and have a bleed valve open
        fluid should at least squirt out of the tube? And at least feel a slight
        change in pedal firmness? My car is doing none of this! I open the
	valve, she pumps and the fluid *very slowly* starts to come out.
        Read * very slowly*, like some sort of gravity feed.
        It all changed when I had to pull the pedal assy. out to re-attach
        the clutch cable........now Im here....still.....not knowing what to do!

        Should I re-pull the assy. and check out the pistons in the MC(brand new
        ATE) with a screw driver? or is that not a good idea?

Thanks!

Chad....loosing faith slowly;)