Re: overflow hose

The part you need changed in mid 72.  Cars with a quarter-turn gas
cap get the "A" version, cars with a screw-in cap take the "C"
version.  VW asks $29.95 for the early one and lists the late one as
NLA.  Both will be gone soon.  WCM sells the early one for $44.50

I can no longer afford to sell mine at below cost.

Jim