Re: push rod tubes

> How do you extend the push rod tubes ???  In the new Hot Vw's engine
> book it say's that according to several engine builders if you
> extend the push rod tubes it will make for a tighter and less likely
> to leak seal

If your old push rod tubes are in good shape (not rusty, hard to
imagine) you can jsut pull the ends apart, stretching the bellows
part slightly.  Some of the manuals give a length that the tubes
should meet or exceed to insure that the seals on the ends are
sufficiently tight to seal.

I have never had any trouble with these, but I usually assemble them
with a bit of sealant (Gask-a-Cinch) on them.  I also almost never
reuse old ones because they are probably rusted more than half way
through by the time I see them, and I am putting the engine back
together expecting it to stay together for another 10+ years.  Plus
they are cheap.

They are steel, recycle them with your tin cans.

Jim