Re: Foot heater knob

Peter Parker asked about foot heater knobs.

I just took my off of my 71 today to remove the old carpet.  Mine just
unscrewed from the small tapped plate on the hinge post.  The plate is
captured by a couple of rails in the hinge post and the wire down to the foot
vent is captured by the knob.  Both of mine are black, but so is my interior.
Don't know if that makes any difference.

I will offer both of mine if anyone can use them.  My heat system is going to
get revamped and the foot vents will be deleted anyway.  This should also
simplify the rustoration process in the driver's side foot well (I mean not
worry about the vent and heater channel etc)  LMK if anyone is interested.

later,
John
71 Fastback (in the dismantling stage, prior to repair)