Re: What's missing?-Motor Mounts

GTIMAN1@aol.com wrote:

> What's up my brother's? Hey check this out, I just bought this 68 Fast, and
> somethings missing. It has the crossmember that attaches to the bottom of my
> fan housing, and usually there is 2 motor mounts on each end of the
> crossmember,. there is nothing attached to the crossmember. So I went to the
> junkyard to pick some up and I notticed the motor mounts sit in a bracket
> inside the engine compartmant, and mine doesn't have them. How do I support
> the crossmember?Oh ya my car was sold in Germany and spent the first few years
> of it's life out there, does that matter?
> THANKS
> Casey
> 68 fast
> 82 gti
	I not sure about the exact year, but pre '69? you don't need a rear
motor mount.  The swing axle tranny holds it up. But, they put a single
mount  up top, at the back of the engine lid for peace of mind?
	When they went to IRS, you needed to support the motor.  That's when
they went to the under the fan cross member you mentioned.  Sounds like
your '68 has got a motor out of a later car.

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR