T3 Weight Distribution

Someone a day or two asked about the weight distibution of the T3.  I have an
review of the 1969 Squareback (FI, Auto) from the December 1968 Road & Track
Magazine.  In the spec sheet they list the weight distribution as 38/62
front/rear.  I would expect the Fastback to be a bit closer better, like 40/60
and the Notch probably just a touch better than that just because they have
less sheet metal and glass behind the rear wheels.  The quoted distribution is
with the driver in the car.

The review is kind of interesting.  They really liked the automatic and the
FI, but didn't think the new IRS helped given the trailing arm front
suspension.  They commented on the importance of the tire pressures for
handling.  They tested at 17/27 psi front/rear.  The base proce of the car was
only $2499 and the automatic was a $189 option.

The pictures did not reproduce well from the microfiche, but the text is
clear.  If anyone was interested, I could scan the article (it is only 3
pages) and e-mail it to them.  Let me know.

Later,
John Jaranson