Cables and Carbs

Two Questions:

1)  Accelerator cable.  I have a 72 converted to carbs.  Currently, I
have the FI cable in it with an early (65?) pivot peice.  This is the
one that has three balls on it, the third one connecting to a 2-3 inch
linkage with the hole for the barrel clamp at the other end.  I want to
get rid of that peice, opting for a later model pivot with two balls,
and one hole connecting directly to the cable.  I got that pivot
peice(2balls 1hole), but the cable is too short.  I picked up the
longest cable (from rocky mountain's catalogs point of view) p#
3something.something.555F.  This cable is too short as well.  The
catalog says its the longest for T3.  Where have I gone wrong?

2)  Carbs.  Has anyone taken parts (ie venturis, jets) from a 34 pdsit
and put them in a 32 pdsit carb?  Im not sure if the whole thing will
fit on the manifolds, and since they are so ugly (34's) I thought I
would just switch internals to help my mild cam a bit.  Additionally,
does anyone know what bus these came off of (year).

Thanks

Bryan Eisenhower