Re: opinions needed

On 13 Jul 98 at 18:19, type3@vwtype3.org wrote:

> we've learned that out 71 Notch used to be an automatic and is now a manual 4
> speed.  There's still holes on the decklid for the "automatic" emblem.  if you
> had this car and were in this position, would you put the "automatic" Emblem
> on even though it's not an automatic or would you just fill the holes and
> pretend it's always been a manual???

Are you sure it was an AT?  Or was the rear hatch replaced, or are
the holes just for the simple horizontal bar that was put on some
cars in some years?

It is hard to change an AT to a MT.  If this was done to yours, you
should still have the telltale hole in the pan where the shift cable
used to come out.

Jim