Re: what year is it??

I know that on the back of my clock hopingly that they havent been
replaced before or on the spedo they are sometimes dated to. This could
be a good identification mark to go by the year also.

>From Chris Swafford:www.geocities.com/motorcity/garage/4265/
537Buckeye 36LSB  S.W. Corner of Cinti,Oh In the Hills
71'Beautiful stock Squareback half in primer
73'Squareback (More than solid)Rear end hell! Any Suggestions?
68'Bug w/swingaxle (I hate thoes)Oh well!

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998 20:57:17 -0600 "Jim Adney" <jadney@vwtype3.org>
writes:
>On  8 Jul 98 at 22:21, type3@vwtype3.org wrote:
>
>> andy almstrom wrote:
>> i have heard vw sometimes stamped
>> > the date on certain parts throughout the car. true or false?? is
>there
>> > any way i can determine what year my car is???
>>
>> 	Someone else can add to this list, but here goes:
>> *Back of the clock (other guages?)
>> *Under sides of all vinyl paded parts (dash pad, early style arm
>rests,
>> etc), very hard to read ink.
>> *Some of the relays (emergency flasher)
>> 	Short list, drawing a blank tonight...
>
>The PARTS that are dated have the date that the PART was made.  The
>only date that I know of that VW put on the cars was the sticker in
>the driver's side door jamb of late models that gave the month and
>year of production.  I'm not sure when this sticker started to
>appear, but it may have been around 1970, and even then only for US
>cars.  Of course other markets could have their own stickers and I
>would never have seen one of them.
>
>Jim
>-
>Jim Adney, jadney@vwtype3.org
>Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]