Removing air intake fan

Hello all,

I'm in the process of redoing a type III engine, and I want to replace the
oil pump while I have it apart.  The only problem is that I'm not sure how
to remove the air intake fan on the rear (FIF) of the engine (so I can
remove that whole cooling air intake plenum).  I assume I have to remove
the hex nut/bolt in the middle...any idea what size that is?  Once I have
that out, do I use a puller, or is the fax threaded on there?  If not, do I
even need a puller?  Is there anything after the fan removal that will be
tricky that you can shed some light on while we're on the subject?

Many many thanks in advance!

-Doug
69 auto FI square
73 FI fasty