	From:  Erkson, Toby[SMTP:toby.erkson@intel.com]
	Sent:  Monday, July 13, 1998 12:30 PM
	To:  type3@vwtype3.org
	Subject:  VW Passat

	My good friend Matt and his (new) wife traded in their Mitsubishis
(his
	Eclipse
	(nice car) and her, uh, four-door-something-or-another) for a new
'98
	Passat.
	And, knowing how much I luv German Engineering, he let me drive it!
Wow!
	That
	Porsche TipTronic tranny (auto or 5-speed semi-manual) is simply
fantastic.
	The
	ride was powerful (stock turbo engine), smooth and quiet (with
windows and
	sunroof closed, that is :)  Leg room in back and one *clean* engine
	compartment.
	 If you are gonna trade in your Type III for another family car,
this is it!
	(Okay, there's my T3 content for the message :)  Matt has been
assimilated
	into
	the VW family.  In his words, "I now know why you love VWs so much
-- I'm
	converted!"  You just can't get the smile off his face :)

	Just the input of one auto enthusiast, your opinion will vary.
	   Toby Erkson
	   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member