How (not) to unsubscribe

Hi all,

	As seems to happen with mailing lists, periodically somebody posts
an "unsubscribe" message to the group (which does *not* get him or her
unsubscribed) and several people, thinking that this must be the way to do
it, follow suit.  Argh.

	Sending mail to type3@vwtype3.org simply shares the message with
about 300 people.

	Sending mail to type3-request@vwtype3.org (or, for the digest
unsubscribe.  Simply put "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
correctly-addressed message.

	I do understand that sometimes if, say, your machine name changes
slightly, this may not work; please feel free to e-mail me directly if you
need help!  I will be happy to assist you right away.  Also, if you've got
Web access, you can go to vwtype3.org/list (I've tried to make it
absolutely as short as possible, so it's easy to remember; more correctly,
it's http://www.vwtype3.org/list/) for a full set of directions.

	Also, a warning for digest users:  make sure you don't include an
entire digest in a post to the list!

	On another note... there's this little car show downtown one Friday
evening a year.  First come, first serve--if you're one of the first
couple-of-hundred cars, you're in.  Cars from 1911 to 1998, any and all
makes.  (Only one VW!  Argh...)  Anyway, it made me appreciate VW shows--my
3 & 1/2 year old daughter insisted to see the engine of every other car,
which meant that I had to lift her up, over & over & over again.  Made me
appreciate the easy access to VW engines for pint-sized show-goers and
junior mechanics-in-training... :)

-Greg
'69 & '71 Squarebacks
'63 Beetle