Re: stainless brake hoses

> They are a bit more suceptable to abrasion, but then, are a lot less
> prone to cracking, and give a more solid pedal...

I doubt if any of the differences can be perceived in under 10-15
years.  Some of the early teflon brake hoses used larger ID tubing
which actually led to MORE spongyness, but those manufacturers may
have learned their lesson by now.

These hoses are a perfect example of something with little or no real
benefit that can still be sold to an unsuspecting and uninformed
consumer since they incorporate a few magic words, in this case
Teflon and Stainless Steel are the magic words.  Think about it.
When was the last time you had a problem with corrosion in your
flexible brake lines; when was the last time you felt that your flex
hoses either had too much friction or deteriorated in too short a
time.  I find a 20-30 year lifetime quite acceptable, and it is by no
means clear that the Teflon hoses will do better.

In my opinion, by far the worst thing about these hoses is the fact
that they don't come with the correct metric end fittings, so
adaptors are often needed at both ends.  These ARE often a problem.
I should add that I have not looked at these in many years, so it is
possible that someone has tooled up to provide the proper fittings.

Does someone know?

Jim