Re: fuel overflow hose

> if yours is perished and you need a new one, look around your local junkyard
> at beetles and you should find a decent hose that fits perfectly.  it's inside
> the trunk, so hasn't been exposed to 30 years of the elements, and is already
> kinked to the right shape.

Sorry, but there is no similar part on beetles.  The part that is
needed here is 311 201 179 A or C.  Cars up to mid 72 with quarter
turn gas caps get the A version, the later cars with screw in
gas caps get the C version.

I would estimate that every type 3 out there with this hose older
than 10 years needs a new one.  It is very important to replace it
before the gas tank accumulates enough water and dirt to damage the
fuel system.

Jim