FW: Rocker Panel Trim Clips.

----------
From: 	Gurrola_J
Sent: 	Friday, July 10, 1998 11:43 AM
To: 	'Type3@vwtypw3.org'
Subject: 	RE: Rocker Panel Trim Clips.

DHall wrote:
 "also ordered the Bus window scrapers to retro fit to my type 3 doors.
Does anyone have any insight on getting these things installed."

I installed them on my squareback.  They need to be trimmed from the
front part nearest the vent wing windows.  Go to a junk yard that has
wrecked busses and the'll have boxes of used scrappers.  You can use the
"thingy" that holds into the door that came in the bus.  It will require
some cutting to shorten it on the vent wing side and a little bending on
the door latch side.  Let me know.  It will not be factory fit, no
matter how hard you try and you will be dissappointed at how awful it
fits.  But that's all we have and where else are going to find anything
even close?   I was very disappointed at how badly the outside scrapers
I got form WCM fit.  I can't believe they charge that much for th crap.
I wouldn't paying it if the crap fit properly.   My soap box is ready to
collapse.  Goto go.