Re: Leaking Fuel Inlet- Solex 32 dual carbs.

On  9 Jul 98 at 13:05, type3@vwtype3.org wrote:

> I thought that perhaps tapping the carb body could be the answer but
> there isn't enough material and  the aluminum is sure to break the first
> time I would turn the fitting.
>
> Can I insert a slightly larger fitting and press fit it back on the carb
> body?  Can I weld more material around that area so that it CAN be
> tapped?   Can I fire bomb the bum who rebuilt it?

It probably won't weld, and that would just ruin it anyway.  Liquid
solder is a joke, so just throw that stuff away.

You might try one of the Locktite products.  One of these will do
the job for sure.  You will need to buy the right product (used to
be called "stud and bearing mount") and get your parts very clean.
I would use Scotchbrite or steel wool on both parts, degrease them,
add a TINY drop of the Locktite, push the parts together and
position them the way you want them to be FOREVER, and let them sit
for 24 hours so the Locktite can cure.  Then reassemble the carb and
forget about your leak.

Jim