Re: Leaking Fuel Inlet- Solex 32 dual carbs.

The fitting? Are you talking about where the gas goes in to the carb? or
WHAT DAMN FITTING ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? you have me lost. I have
32PDSIT's on both of my squarebacks and you have me lost.

I need a idle cutoff deal but instead of the but off it just screws in
and has 4 holes in the sides and one on the end. I need two of these i
cant find my carb rebuilt kit paper to tell you exactly what its called
but they make this piece with a solenoid and without i guess depending on
the year of the car that the carb came on or something

>From Chris Swafford:www.geocities.com/motorcity/garage/4265/
537Buckeye 36LSB  S.W. Corner of Cinti,Oh In the Hills
71'Beautiful stock Squareback half in primer
73'Squareback (More than solid) HELP ME IN GOING INSAINE
68'Bug w/swingaxle (I hate thoes)Oh well!

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998 13:05:58 -0400  Gurrola_J <Gurrola_J@BLS.GOV> writes:
>I have suffered yet another goddam setback in my restoration of my
>daily
>driver.  I was all set to take it out and drive the damn thing when a
>fuel leak I thought I had fixed several months ago reared its ugly
>head.
>It seems that several years ago when I had the carbs rebuilt the
>mechanic reinserted the brass fuel fitting using some teflon tape and
>stuck it in there.   I looked at it and didn't think too much of it
>until it started to leak recently and then I realized what a problem I
>have.   I tried using Liquid Solder but that only worked until
>yesterday
>when I noticed the leak.
>
>I thought that perhaps tapping the carb body could be the answer but
>there isn't enough material and  the aluminum is sure to break the
>first
>time I would turn the fitting.
>
>Can I insert a slightly larger fitting and press fit it back on the
>carb
>body?  Can I weld more material around that area so that it CAN be
>tapped?   Can I fire bomb the bum who rebuilt it?
>
>Everybody get cracking on this.  We are not leaving until this is
>fixed!!!!
>
>As a side note:  This, to me, seems to be a weakness of the otherwise
>splendid Solex dual carbs.  If I, or we, can come up with a solution I
>think we should send out a TSB on it.   These carbs are getting rarer
>by
>the day and we need to keep them on the road.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]