Re: starter

> Hello all. I am in need of a starter for my new squareback. I was told that
> they should be the same as the beetle ones. The starter would be on a swing
> axle, and be cranking a 12v 200mm flywheel (later type engine). Is this
> correct?
> 	Also, if anyone is looking for a good used starter for a t-3 automatic
> trans I have one I can sell from my fastback that got flooded last year
> (the starter was not in the car at the time).

I believe that starters for our cars were made by both Bosch and VW,
but you should avoid the VW ones because of lack of availability of
spare parts.  I recommend that you only buy a good used starter, or a
starter actually rebuilt by Bosch.

Bosch part #s are as follows:

6V, SR11X
12V MT, SR15X
12V AT, SR17X

I have a SR15X in stock, as well as several good used units, but
these should be universally available, so it really doesn't pay to
ship them very far.

Jim