Re: Tyre (Tire) Questions

I run my very low 67 Variant with narrow Porsche  Fuchs Alloys shod in
135 rubber on the front  and 6 inch Fuchs Alloys with 165 rubber on the
rear.

I agree with  Kenik Hassel about understeer under hard cornering. Also
you can just forget about fast cornering in the wet. There just too little
rubber to hold onto the road.

Fitted with standard shocks the front axles/bodywork catches on any
minor variation in the road surface under normal braking.

The 135/165 Tyre Combination is considered a Classic Pose in the United
Kingdom and is featured on many UK Show Cars.

A questions for the list. Does the tyre combination proposed by Kenik fit
on radically lowered cars?  What range of wheel width do these tyres
work with?

Matthew Lowe, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
1966 TIII Variant
1985 Mexican Beetle