parts problems

Hey there,
      I just signed up so I'll give a bit of detail on who I am and my
car.
      My name is Ted Wallbridge, I was living out in Victoria BC for a
couple of years and last summer I bought a beautiful VW Type 3
Automatic, 1969.  I got it for $800, in great condition, had never left
BC until I drove it east.  It's got all the original interior and
exterior, (original radio and all) the engine was re-built about 10
years ago, and someone did a real number on the electrical system..
still haven't figured out what wires go where.  She was running fine and
I drove almost all the way to Thunderbay ON  about 3 months ago.  Then
the trouble began... I broke down in a town of about 50 people in
Northern Ontario, no one there had even seen a car like it before,
luckily the mechanic had a friend from England who had worked on cars
like these before so I left it with him... it's still there!!
     The rivets holding the drive plate all broke and so the had to
order a new drive plate, not too bad, they got one out of Vancouver for
$150 or so,  so I thought I was going to be driving it again last week
but called only to find out that now they couldn't keep it running,
something about a metering device that wasn't working so it was just
pumping fuel constantly, and now they can't find that part.

    So that's my story, I was hoping someone could tell me where I could
get the part, and maybe some other helpful hints... I want my baby back!