Re: T3 hypothetical situation........

Matt asked about transporting a T3.

I just went through this with my 71 Fastback.  I had to move it from Albany,
NY to Detroit, MI, about 650 miles one way.  I was quoted prices from $500 to
$1500 to get it from door to door.  The price depended in moving company
location, type of trailer (open or closed) and other factors.  There was an
additional charge from most companies of between $50 and $100 dollars because
the car was not running.  This was too rich for my blood. After all I only
paid $400 for my rusty 71 Fastback with automatic transmission.

I ended up borrowing a Ford Expedition and talking a buddy into making the
trip with me to get the car.  The original plan was to rent a tow dolly from
U-haul ($68 for a one way rental) and either disconnect the rear axles (you
can't tow an automatic more than 30 miles and 30 mph) or tow it backward.  In
the end, I sprung for the car carrier at about $100 for the one way trip.

All told, I spent about $200  and 32 hours to get my car back.  Much more
tolerable to the wallet and it let me build a better friendship with my buddy.
You can learn alot driving 18 hours with someone.

Just my 3 cents worth.