Re: What's the Big Secret? (Long, windy, and boring)

Here's my .02 - I'm pretty much in the same camp as Phil on this one.  I
had a good streak of never paying more than $500 for a running car,
until I got Barney (the evil zooper beetle).  The only time I've really
felt like a sucker when buying was when I found the '73 fastback six
months after I bought Barney and realized I should have waited to get a
daily driver.

Jake Kooser

'66 type 1 roadster project ($750 - paired with a rusted out '67 with a
good engine)
'71 Squareback (the little girl - $500 from my best friend - the
honest-to-god 2nd owner, his dad's cousin the original owner)
'73 zooper beetle (ULP! $1 kilobuck - I keep telling myself that the
ugly purple paint job cost some sucker other than me at least 1/2 that)
'73 Fastback ($400, but I've subsequently dumped over $750 in engine
mods)
'97 Simple "Old School" Sneakers - $60.00, best bargain on my list.